The division Entrepreneurial Development Centre consists of 9 units. They are Finance unit, Administration unit, Management / Services unit, Entrepreneurial Training unit, Business Incubator unit, SME Financial Support Scheme unit, SME Support Services unit, International Relations unit and SME Projects Management Support unit.
On 2nd May 1996, His Majesty The Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darusalam has consented to the transfer of the Brunei National Diploma in Agriculture program to the Ministry of Education and the transformation of Sinaut Agriculture Training Centre as the Resource Centre under the administration of the Ministry of Industry and Primary Resources. On July 2006, the name of the centre has been changed to the Entrepreneurial Development Centre, Ministry of Industry and Primary Resources taking into consideration its main role in facilitating the growth and development of SME in the country
The Entrepreneurial Development Centre shall act as a Nerve Centre for the growth and development of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Brunei Darussalam.
To provide FACILITIES and EXPERTISE for facilitating the growth and development of SME by giving quality, effective and dynamic entrepreneurial assistance
- To establish a management information system which collects, stores, processes and disseminates all relevant information in support of the Centre's objectives;
- To assist in facilitating the establishment process of industries with the hope of increasing the rate of industries established;
- To act as an incubator centre that will assist new entrepreneurs in agriculture, fisheries, services and manufacturing in the hope that more entrepreneurs of high quality and international status are produced;
- To upgrade the technological know-how and management skill of entrepreneurs for local products to be sustainable and competitive;
- To act as a research and development product institution oriented towards projects that can be commercialized by local entrepreneurs;
- To provide and implement programmes and technology transfer and product development so that local entrepreneurs are able to adopt the latest technology or locally modified matured technologies;
- To provide support programmes for Human Resource Development (HRD) for industrial development;
- To establish linkages with local and international organizations and institution in order to achieve the objectives of Entrepreneurial Development Centre.
- To help in the internationalizing process of existing entrepreneurs as role models.